Summer is in full steam, which means vacation time! Whether you are a first-time traveller or a seasoned pro, there is always something new to learn. Here are 5 tips to help you fuel your energy levels and stay hydrated on the go.
Pack a Portable Water Filter
The environment is constantly changing, making it difficult for people to maintain their water quality without the use of a portable water filter. Portable water filters come in many designs and sizes, making them easy to take with you wherever you go.
However, not all portable water filters are created equal, so it is important to research which one is perfect for your needs before purchasing.
Here are some tips for choosing the right portable water filter:
-Select a filter designed specifically for travel. These filters are typically smaller and lighter than general-purpose filters and have been specifically designed to be resistant to bacteria and other contaminants found in public waterways.
-Choose a filter with an activated carbon cartridge. Carbon filtration helps to remove organic materials and other pollutants from the water, resulting in clearer, healthier drinking water.
-Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions before using your new portable water filter. Many models require specific techniques for installation or maintenance, so be familiar with these instructions before
packing your gear up for travel.
Drink Plenty of Water
Consuming plenty of water is essential to staying hydrated, both physically and mentally. When you drink enough water, your body is able to flush out toxins and rid itself of waste more effectively.
In addition, staying hydrated can help reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure and improve overall energy levels.
Staying hydrated is crucial for better health, and it’s especially important if you are exercising. Unfortunately, many people don’t drink enough water, especially in hot weather, and this can lead to dehydration.
Dehydration can cause headaches, fatigue, nausea, and a decreased ability to exercise effectively. So make sure to consume lots of water before and during exercise, at least 8 ounces every hour—and try not to eat heavy meals right before you go out for a walk or run.
Eat Portable Foods
When you’re on the go, it can be difficult to stick to a healthy eating plan. That’s why it’s important to pack portable foods with you so that you can still get your recommended daily portions of fruits and vegetables.
Here are a few ideas for snacks that will keep you fueled while on the go:
1. Portable fruit bars: These are easy to carry and make a great snack option if you’re looking for something sweet. They can include things like honeycomb or granola bars, dried fruits, or trail mix bars.
2. Portable vegetable snacks: These can include things like roasted chickpeas, Portable veggie burgers, or homemade vegetable soup packets. Just make sure that they’re packed with plenty of vegetables and fibre so that they’ll give you the nutrients you need without weighing you down too much.
3. Portable protein snacks: If weight loss is one of your goals, consider packing some portable protein snacks with you to help curb your appetite. Options like hard-boiled eggs, hummus packs, or nut butters can satisfy hunger quickly and easily without adding much additional weight to your bag/purse/backpack!
Find Grey Water Sources
Grey water is any water that has been used for purposes other than drinking or cooking. It can include water from sinks, showers, and baths, among other sources. In addition, greywater can be used for watering plants and cleaning surfaces.
When it comes to finding grey water sources, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Look for areas where rainwater runoff collects. This includes roofs and overhangs as well as courtyards and gardens.
- Consider places where plumbing fixtures discharge wastewater (such as toilets, dishwashers, and washing machines).
- Look for places where plants irrigate themselves with groundwater or surface runoff (such as at the base of a tree or shrub).
By following these tips, you can stay energized and hydrated on your next vacation.